Administration Assistant Extraordinaire
Shropshire Festivals is an award-winning events company based in a rural corner of Shropshire, with a small team of pink-loving, fun-seeking, hard-working individuals. As part of our big scope of work here, we also have Shropshire ThinkTank – a PR & Marketing agency, Shropshire Hamper Company – an online hamper shop, Shropshire Food and Drink – an emerging new business, and many more fingers in many more pies! We are looking for a switched-on, reliable, organised, positive person to join our team to assist us with keeping all of our plates spinning! This is a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving business and learn about events (from small corporate parties to large scale festivals), local businesses and marketing, all in one go! This is a part-time flexible role.
About the job:
- - 25 hours a week based at our office in Buildwas - this could be either 3 longer days, 5 short days or a combination to suit you. School hours are fine if needed.
- - This role will work to our managing director and will undertake a varied list of roles to assist with administration across the business. Some PA jobs will be a part of this role.
- - Assisting in all aspects of office admin (includes data entry)
- - There will be occasional work outside of office hours (weekends and evenings) to assist at events – this will include setting up, assisting on site, and de-rigging
- - The successful applicant will also assist with the Shropshire Hamper Company – this will encompass stock control and inventory, handling the order management system, and packing orders
- - Assisting the marketing team with administrative and research duties – with scope to learn about PR, marketing and social media management
- - General office duties – answering email enquiries, taking phone calls, greeting visitors, keeping the office in order and taking notes during meetings.
Key attributes we are looking for:
- - Super organisational skills, master multi-tasker, tackling jobs methodically, acute attention to detail – you need to keep our crazy ideas in order!
- - If you have held a PA role before this will be beneficial.
- - A personal, positive, people person to join our happy team. We love a team player
- - Although the role will be mainly desk based, we need practical skills and good common sense. You will be willing to get stuck in and get your hands dirty. There will be some physical work, e.g., loading up the vehicles going to event sites and hanging miles of bunting at festivals and packing hampers in the depths of winter!
- - You will be proactive, always going the extra mile, able to work autonomously, able to prioritise your workload, and calm under pressure
- - General office admin experience - proficient in Microsoft Office. You will need excellent verbal and written skills
- - Always polite and professional
- - Must have a driver’s license and ability to travel to event sites
- - 18 years or over
- There will be the opportunity to develop the skills listed above. The desire to learn is essential!
Closing date: 15th August 2021
Annual Salary £12,500 - £13,000
Start date: ASAP (but this could be flexible for the right candidate)
Office Location: Buildwas (near Ironbridge)
To apply for this job please post a cover letter (including your preferred working hours) and CV to:
Shropshire Festivals, Bridge Farm, Buildwas Road, Ironbridge, Shropshire TF8 7BN or email to email@example.com